The interior was a study in devastation. Splintered and rotted wood. Dust, grit and mold. I managed to save most of the cabinet doors. Sanded and re-finished, they'll look nice I think.
I saved the windows, aluminum trim, and the sheet aluminum. The stove, sink and icebox appeared to be in okay shape. As I removed the cabinet box that had hung over the sink, I discovered a paper towel rack made from plastic that is a near perfect match in color to the appliances. And somehow, the gas lamp still had a grip on it's (original?) glass globe.
Everything was carefully removed from the trailer, and then re-stacked back onto the floor or bed. I used a pair of rusty old c-clamps to clamp down the metal of the twisted and buckled wheel wells to the remains of the rotten wood floor. Hoping that they would hold everything together long enough for me to get the trailer down to my house in the valley below. Without those clamps holding them up out of the way, the metal of the wheel wells would have shredded the tires in no time.
Once everything had been strapped down under the tarp, I hooked up a magnetic set of trailer lights and headed home.
The trip was uneventful. In fact, the trailer tracked beautifully and there was no bouncing or skipping during the long drive home. That, at least, was encouraging.